Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Me Monday



Are you feeling guilty for posting something to your blog while you were feeling emotional and then regretting how it sounded when it came out? Overcome with shame because you just jammed your foot into the garbage...again....instead of taking it out? Well, don't be! Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!

I did not NOT notice that my daughter had two different shoes on when we went to Chick-fil-A on Monday. It did not take me until we pulled into the Chick-fil-A's parking lot to see the beautiful Crocs that she told me she wanted to wear. There was not one brown Mary Jane Croc and a pink Mickey Mouse Croc both for the left foot on her feet. What kind of mom would not notice that. Seriously.... Oh, and when we left the Chick Fil-A playground we were not stopped by a mom that just wanted to make sure that we knew that Makenna had two different shoes on!



We did not go to ChickfilA for the past three weeks because they were offering a special that if you brought in your church's Sunday bulletin, you would get an 8-count chicken nugget pack for free. We did not march ourselves in there each week with 7-8 bulletins (depending if Daddy went with us), smile, and hand them to the cashier. We did not end up paying less than $8 for 8 8 count nuggets, 2 large fries, and 2 large drinks which fed our whole family! WHo-hoo!!

I did not tell Luke to watch his little sister while we were at Chick-fil-A while I went to get a milkshake (that we also had a free coupon for). He did not misunderstand me and go watch Makenna in the playland while I thought he was watching Klaire at the table. There is not way I would not realize that my almost 8 month old daughter was sitting at a table all by herself in her high chair while I went to get a free milkshake. I would not have moms and dads staring at me when I got back because I left my daughter there. AHHHH!!!!!

oh, and I did not buy my kids a bug vacuum and accessories, and there are most not definitely containers in my house with bugs in them. That would freak me out way too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment