Sunday, September 4, 2011

School's Started

PS... Long post..and pictures ahead....a whole first week of school in one blog post

School started this last week. AHHHHH!!!! I have a 6th grader, 5th grader, 3rd grader, 1st grader, preschooler, and a toddler. (Of course, pretty soonyou can a newborn to the list too.) I'm working hard this year to be organized. I have most of our school plans done until Christmas which it totally unlike me. Hopefully I can stay on schedule. I'm trying to throw some preschool/toddler activities into it all. Not to mention we started a few new curriculums this week like SOS and Math U See. (However, we haven't been able to really do Math-U-See cause it's on back order. Whoops!) And we haven't started real history yet because we still haven't gotten all of our books. I know....I shouldn't have waited till the last minute to order them, but well...that's me. So far, it went smoothly this week, and I think we all enjoyed it. At least this is the first week I enjoyed the first week of school.


The girls working on dotting their I's with our new Do-A-Dot markers. I love those things.


I made my first sensory bin. It was school themed with letters, colors, school supplies, beans, and pom-poms, and some other stuff in it. As you can see Jakeb like it too. What's funny is that I saw even Luke playing with it the other day too, so it's good for all ages if you ask me.


Luke working hard on A Beka language


The boys got a new Science program, Switched-on-Schoolhouse, and I'm sure they like it a lot more than me teaching them science. It took us awhile to figure it out, but we got it going and now they're working hard at it.


Here's Blake typing out his spelling words in Microsoft Word. Afterwards, he was able to go to Spelling City and play some games. The boys are using a Keyboarding program to learn to type, so I thought by typing the words once a week, it would help in both areas. All three older boys made above a 92% on their Spelling Test this week, so see...it did help.

Klaire playing with her Guidecraft stack n sort puzzle


Kaleb working hard on his first grade A Beka Arithmetic. He did at least 1/3 of it last year, so that's why he's already so far in his book. I'm hoping to switch to Math-U-See for him later this year.


Here's our Pop-Beads that the girls were sorting by color. Klaire had A LOT of help with it, but Makenna aced it.


Here's Makenna simply working on her pop bead necklace.

The next day she did it by shape. I think she liked doing that better.

And well, I had to take a couple of pictures of Klaire playing dress up.....with the boys dress up stuff.


And here's how I found Klaire quite a few days...completely tuckered out form all the hard school work she had to do.








Here's she fell asleep while they were watching Leap Frog. How uncomfortable does she look? Crazy!



PS. Just so you know why there's more pics of the girls than boys.....they still let me take pictures of them. The boys fought me when I went to take pictures. That's why there is lovely pictures of the back of their heads. Here's proof of what they do when I take pics.



oh and one last thing. I've got a lot of catching up to do on the blog. I'll get to it eventually. I've got birthdays and lots of summer fun we had! Eventually I'll get around to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment