Saturday, May 7, 2011

Worth a $100




Have you ever had one of those days when the kids are just being wild and crazy or even just fighting a lot, so you just want it to be a little calmer around the house? Or you might just want to figure out a way to stop the fighting? You just want to have something organized that they are doing? Does that make sense? To succeed in that, you obviously have to figure out something else for the kids to do. Right? Well, I told the boys that I would give them $100 if they could put their elbow IN their ear, not just touching their ear, but the pointy part of their elbow had to go into the ear canal. (Hey, a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!)

I don't think I really caused them to calm down, but it was hilarious watching them do this, AND they weren't fighting. They tried so hard. (In fact, my pediatrician always says that the only thing you should put in your ear is your elbow.!) You should have seen these kids. They spent the next 30 minutes doing everything they could to succeed. They were on the floor, upside down, jumping, and cracking their skulls with their elbows. It was hilarious. I think I actually raised the booty to $500 at one point, but unfortunately no one was able to do it. (Feel free to take the plunge yourself, but make sure you take pictures and send them to me. I'd love to see you guys try too!)











Finally after getting bored with that. I gave them another proposition. I told them to try to get both of their feet behind their heads and to keep them there. (The boys do swear up and down that I told them I would give them $25 , but I have no recollection of the money part.) Next, thing I know. Blake is putting BOTH of them BEHIND his head. It was crazy.







And...this is Eric while all of this going on. How do men do this? How do they sleep through the noise of it all?




No comments:

Post a Comment